Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Groovy Bugs

Jeff and I spent a lot of time recording bugs. Jeff is turning into a mad scientist of bug sounds. Not only does Jeff come up with some amazingly beautiful melodies, he is truly a talented guitarist and producer,,,and now I should add, a kind of Bug Whisperer. He has his creatures now..his sounds we recorded over two days in Mississippi..... I believe Mississippi bugs know and are proud of their roots. They make their sounds with an accent unlike the accents of other southern states. They make a deeply melancholic music with a 70's groove, a purely analog tone, rich with grit and romance. These Mississippi bugs have refused to lose their soul to digital. I find that very refreshing. They were happy when Jeff told them we were releasing the album on vinyl.  They groove differently than Tennessee bugs for sure..Tennessee bugs are more structured and business like..not Mississippi bugs. Take my word for it. Jeff recorded long moments of these southern singing creatures. We are going to employ them in the making of our new album. I even saw him getting a mailing address from one strange looking bug to send royalty checks once the record "takes off". He recorded this too. I would play it for you but the bug insisted on privacy..sorry.---keith

No comments:

Post a Comment