Sunday, September 18, 2011

Last night..

Last night, Renee' and I were sitting in the screened-in porch listening to the new tunes Jeff and I have been writing. Sipping on a clear drink, swinging in the swing. I have recorded a lot of music in my life, written a bunch of songs, but nothing has come my way like these songs. Being back with Jeff has created a landslide of poetry and melody. I sure hope a bunch of you folks out there get to hear this music. But somehow that is out of our hands..we will put it out and do our limited things we can do to get it to you, but really it is up to timing, placement, luck, God, the wind, and the "right" efforts...hard work. We want you to discover us.. we want to be your band.

The album will be called "Benny," -- a guy who is Jeff's and my dear friend and was once a fellow Wineskin..It is somehow about Benny, but not really..because Benny represents all of us. The true "everyman"...born in the deep south, raised in the confusing bewildering families we are all given, a drunk, sober, kind hearted, lost, unable to break the chain, able to break the chain..funny as hell, sad as hades, trying to live as best he can...and often failing...loves deeply, loved deeply..confused, frustrated, curious, almost tasting lasting happiness, all of us.--keith

No comments:

Post a Comment