Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rattle My Faith

I was home in Oxford this past Friday. I had just finished "A Miracle of Catfish" by Larry Brown, the last thing he wrote before he left this "Impossible Beauty". My cell phone vibrated and I saw it was Jeff calling. He tells me an idea about the idea of faith. About how an undamaged confident faith is not really a faith that holds much water. Something to that affect.. I already knew the lyric..I rushed to the computer and tried to keep up with the words appearing on the screen. I sent it to Jeff within minutes of his call and he responded with excitement as to another song landing on our window seal . It's a dangerous song to be sure.

Last night I arrived at Jeff's office on Music Row and he was waiting outside. Usually when I get there Jeff is wanting to stand out back of the house for a few minutes, unwind, and sip a beer. His routine becomes my routine and we relax and talk about life in general. Not last night! When I got out of my car he said, "I've got to show you the music I came up with for "Rattle My Faith" right now! As he started playing the beautiful chords and showed me the haunting melody, I knew the song as if we had played it a hundred times..Within 5 minutes of sitting down we recorded the song. When you dear folks hear this song, you will hear that moment..you will hear that vibe of that song being born. It all went down at once.--keith

No comments:

Post a Comment